At our school each child is viewed as a unique person with an individual pattern and timing for growth and development. Our center creates an environment in which children can grow cognitively, physically, emotionally and socially at their own rate. We acknowledge that young children learn by acting upon their environment – exploring, testing observing – and by watching others.
We are specialists in early childhood development. We are passionate about working with young children, are responsive to their needs, and encourage them as they become increasingly more self sufficient and independent. We believe in balancing our curriculum with enrichment activities which are aimed at opening your child’s artistic and creative awareness and talents.
Our curriculum recognizes the need top provide multiple avenues for children to learn, grow and progress.
- Practice decision making by selecting activities from a variety of learning centers.
- Express themselves creatively through art, music, dramatic play, movement, and use of unstructured materials.
- Develop appropriate concepts and thinking skills through exploration of a variety of concrete materials and activities.
- Experience warm and positive interactions with children and adults.
- Verbalize feeling in a supportive, accepting environment that encourages independence and self control
- Participate in physical activities to develop fine and gross motor skills.
- Engage in language arts, both English and Spanish and phonics.
- Learn math, reading and science.
The daily schedule is organized to meet the children’s need for a balance of active and quiet play, large and small group interaction, academic and developmental learning, indoor and outdoor time, and of course, our enrichment activities.
Our developmentally appropriate methods combined with what you as parents teach your child form the foundation from which they become life long learners. A journey filled with questioning instead of just answering.